Friday, April 3, 2009

In-Step Safari (also info on the Instep Suburban)

This is not a double jogger I would reccomend and this is why I say that. I have been looking for "the perfect" double jogger for over a month now. I am having a hard time deciding if I should spend more for something I will probably always love or if I should go for something cheaper that I may love, but I may hate. Well, I have checked out the Instep Safari--thinking, there are lots of good reviews on this, though there are several bad reviews as well. The bad reviews say that the handle bar is short and that there is no support for the kids--this is VERY true. The kids would just sag together and the handle bar is very low--if you are an average hieght person or taller, this stroller will likely be very bad for your back. Watch out on several sites they advertize the handle bar height incorrecty (I have seen numbers from 39-41"). The floor model that I checked out was the standard 38" that most sites advertise. Maybe the 2009 model is taller, I am not sure, but I doubt it. Also, on Ebay the sellers confuse the instep safari and the instep suburban a lot--so be cautious about that. Does anyone own this stroller and what is your opionion as it is the cheapest double jogger on the market.
The safari has larger back wheels--meant for jogging/running. The suburban has smaller back wheels, meant for fast walking and regular use--possibly light jogging, but not running.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thanks for this review. I have been curious about the safari and now I know I don't want one! :)
Anyone know about the bebelove double jogger? I've found them for less than $150 new online, but I'm figuring they must be pretty bad...
Why can't we all just afford the Bob?